How we use information about you
Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust will record information about you to provide you with healthcare services. Your information will also be used to plan our services and to make sure those services are as good as they can be.
When we use your information to provide your care, we will use your name and other identifiers to make sure those providing your care know who you are, but when we use your information for other reasons, we will usually take your name and other pieces of identifying information out – to make your information anonymous.
We will share relevant information with other healthcare professionals who are involved in your care and we will make key information from your records available via the Leeds Care Record unless you object. Your information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent, unless that purpose is required by law. Our Trust will keep your records according to the conditions of the Data Protection Act (2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation at all times.
Our Data Protection Privacy Notice is available below and we have also put together a more ‘easy read’ leaflet on how we use your information, how we keep it confidential and contact details in case you’d like to know more. As the leaflet says: It’s your information, but it’s our responsibility.
- Our information governance policies and procedures
- Our information sharing protocols and agreements
- What is the NHS Digital Data Security and Protection Toolkit?
- Consent to use your personal information for Trust communications
- LYPFT General GDPR Privacy Notice
- LYPFT Recovery College GDPR Privacy Notice
- Your Data & COVID-19 – Supplementary Privacy Notice
- Useful Downloads