Complaints, comments, compliments or concerns

As part of our commitment to continually improving our services, we are always keen to hear what you think - whether good or bad.

The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had a significant impact, with our clinical teams focusing on patient care and safety.   In light of this we have made changes to our complaints and PALS team.

  • We would politely ask that where possible concerns are sent to us via email:  We will endeavour to offer support and guidance with all concerns raised and we do request that you remain patient with us during this unprecedented time.
  • The service is triaging all concerns that come into the Trust and following a plan to ensure that immediate issues are prioritised and non-urgent concerns are addressed appropriately.
  • For those concerns that become a formal complaint there will be a 3 month delay in starting any investigating (reflecting national guidance) unless they relate to very serious safety issues.

We thanks you for your patience at this time.

We take all feedback we receive very seriously, whether you’d like to share a positive experience, share your ideas on how to improve our services or share details of where you’ve not been happy with something.

Anyone is entitled to give feedback or make a complaint, including on behalf of someone else. We want you to feel confident that your feedback will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner.

You can share your comments, raise your concerns or share a compliment for our service by contacting our PALS team.

We also have a formal complaints process for when things haven’t gone so well and you would like a formal resolution.

You should make your complaint as soon as possible. The time limit for a complaint is normally:

  • 12 months from the date the event happened, or
  • 12 months from the date you first became aware of it

For more information, please read our Complaints Procedure.