Annual Members’ Meeting
Every year, we hold an Annual Members’ Meeting where we bring together the Trust’s members, our staff, our governors and members of the Board of Directors. It is a fantastic day where members have the opportunity to find out about some of the great work we have been doing over the last 12 months.
The first part of the day is our formal Annual General Meeting and is chaired by Dr Sue Proctor.
The AGM consists of three presentations. The first is from the Lead Governor, Peter Webster. This will showcase what the Council of Governors has been doing over the last year on behalf of the members that they represent.
Our Chief Financial Officer, Dawn Hanwell, presents the annual accounts for the past year and reports on how we have used our money to provide and develop our services.
A presentation is finally given by the Chief Executive, Dr Sara Munro, on what has been done over the last year and what we want to achieve in the coming year. A film is usually shown which showcases one of the innovations in our services.
During the breaks and at the end of the day you can visit the marketplace to find out more about the work of the Trust over the past year – we have video, displays and people that you can talk to.
For 2019 there were ‘You Said, We Did’ displays showing how we have delivered on the feedback from last year’s ‘Big Conversation’.
Refreshments are served and there is a chance to network with other guests.
The Big Conversation 2019
In 2018 you told us that improving patient experience and involvement should be a priority for us.
Since then, we’ve:
- commissioned a report on how we currently involve people and how we can improve
- run a Valuing Inclusion of People event in March 2019 which gave us some focus on what’s important to people
- set up a Patient Experience and Involvement Strategic Steering Group to develop our Patient Experience, Carer and Involvement Strategy and oversee how it’s delivered
Members of the Steering Group have agreed for us to set up three work streams:
- improving the experience of carers
- improving service user experience
- increasing involvement
We asked the members who came along to the Annual Members’ Meeting to help set the priorities for our three work streams in our ‘Big Conversation’. Their feedback will now be fed into the steering group for this important piece of work. We look forward to updating members about progress.
Can’t make it on the day? You can still share your thoughts:
Phone: 0113 85 56759
Annual Members Meeting 2020
- You will need to register as a member – you can sign up through our online form or ask our welcome team on arrival at the event. Please remember to book your place.
- Places are available on a strictly first come, first served basis – please call 0113 85 55900 or email email@example.com.