Allied Health Professionals
As an Allied Health Professional (AHP), you're in an ideal position to help service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
More than 150 registered AHPs are working within the organisation. They work in profession-specific roles and enhanced skill shared roles, leadership, and management positions. They are a vital part of the workforce, bringing various evidence-based skills and improving the lives of service users and carers. A wide variety of support staff and associate workers support our AHPs.
The AHP career path
At Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, we support our AHPs to progress professionally, responding to the incredible talent in our workforce. Here’s the full range of our roles and an idea of where your career journey with us could take you.
- Support Worker
- Associate Practitioner
- AHP Student
- Preceptee / AHP
- Senior AHP
- AHP Manager / Clinical Team Manager / Lead AHP / Advanced AHP
- Inpatient or Community Manager / Professional AHP Lead
- AHP Consultant / Lead Clinician / Manager
- Strategic AHP Lead
- Director of Nursing and Professions
Allied Health Professions Careers
Your need to know guide download:
Training and development opportunities
We actively encourage you to think about what training and development would help your career and link this to your appraisal. At LYPFT, we offer:
- Preceptorship for all new AHP, those new to mental health and learning disabilities and those returning to practice.
- It is one of the country’s largest and most established mental health OT rotations.
- A Dietitians rotation
- Opportunity to develop research skills
- Leadership qualifications
- A full range of AHP specific CPDs is offered in conjunction with our numerous local universities.
Return to the NHS
If you have the skills, experience and drive to make a difference in someone’s life and want to do this again in the NHS, we can help you return to the job you love. Depending on how long you have been out of practice, you will have to spend some time updating your knowledge, but there are several avenues available that we will support you on. Find out more below:
Our AHP Plan
Our we developed our plan for the next three years (2018 to 2021) with our AHPs. The key themes for the plan are
- Leadership and governance
- Co-production, engagement and safety
- Workforce skill and career development
- Technology, research and innovation
- Evidencing the impact of AHPs
- Health, well-being and equality
To achieve the Trust’s vision and maximise the valuable input AHPs can make, commitment is needed from everyone and includes commitments from AHPs and their managers, leaders, and the whole organisation.
You can download a copy of our AHP Plan for more information.
We actively encourage our AHPs to participate in research and evidence-based practice. There are opportunities to engage in this at whatever stage you are in your career.
Please watch our video outlining some of these opportunities and the great work our AHP do at LYFT.