Allied Health Professionals
As an Allied Health Professional (AHP), you're in an ideal position to help service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
There are more than 150 registered AHPs working within the organisation. They work in profession-specific roles, enhanced skill shared roles, leadership, and management positions. They are a vital part of the workforce bringing a wide variety of evidence-based skills and improving the lives of service users and carers. A wide variety of support staff and associate workers support our AHP’s.
The AHP career path
At Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, we support our AHPs to progress professionally, responding to the incredible talent in our workforce. Here’s the full range of the roles we offer and an idea of where your career journey with us could take you.
- Support Worker
- Associate Practitioner
- AHP Student
- Preceptee / AHP
- Senior AHP
- AHP Manager / Clinical Team Manager / Lead AHP / Advanced AHP
- Inpatient or Community Manager / Professional AHP Lead
- AHP Consultant / Lead Clinician / Manager
- Strategic AHP Lead
- Director of Nursing and Professions
Training and development opportunities
We actively encourage you to think about what training and development would help you in your career and link this to your appraisal. At LYPFT, we offer:
- Preceptorship for all new AHP, those new to mental health and learning disabilities and those returning to practice.
- One of the country’s largest and most established mental health OT rotations.
- A Dietitians rotation
- Opportunity to develop research skills
- Leadership qualifications
- A full range of AHP specific CPD offered in conjunction with our numerous local universities
Return to the NHS
If you have the skills, experience and drive to make a difference in someone’s life and want to do this again in the NHS, we can help you return to the job you love. Depending on how long you have been out of practice, you will have to spend some time updating your knowledge, but there are several avenues available that we will support you on. Find out more below: