Op COURAGE: The veterans mental health and wellbeing service
Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service provides specialist care and support for those due to leave the armed forces, reservists and those who’ve already left. Developed by veterans, for veterans, Op COURAGE is available across England.
Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is proud to host Op COURAGE services as part of the North of England team.
If you live in the North of England and want to access Op COURAGE, you can do this by:
Calling 0300 373 33 32
If you live somewhere else in England, find out how you can access Op COURAGE on the NHS website.
Or you can download this poster with a map showing how to reach your local Op COURAGE service.
Who provides the service?
Op COURAGE is an NHS-led service supported by trained professionals who are from or have experience of working with the armed forces community. We know that some people find life difficult after leaving the military and we’re here to help. Working together with armed forces charities, we’ll help you get the right type of specialist care, support and treatment for your specific needs.
Who is it for?
If you’re experiencing mental health problems and due to leave the armed forces, a reservist or have already left the military, Op COURAGE can help. It doesn’t matter how long you served for or when you left the armed forces, we’re here for you.
To get help from this service you must:
- be a resident in England and have served in the UK armed forces for at least a full day,
- be registered with a GP practice in England or be willing and eligible to register with a GP, and
- provide your military service number or another form of eligibility.
What services does Op COURAGE offer?
Op COURAGE offers a range of specialist support and treatment, tailored to your specific needs. This includes:
- helping you to recognise and treat early signs of mental health problems, as well as more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma,
- providing support and treatment for substance misuse and addictions,
- liaising with charities and local organisations to support your wider health and wellbeing, such as help with housing, relationships, finances and employment,
- referring you to other NHS services where needed, and
- recognising that your family may also need help and care and supporting them to access this.
Family, friends and loved ones
If you know someone who is experiencing mental health problems, expert help is available from Op COURAGE.
It doesn’t matter if they’re due to leave the armed forces, a reservist or have already left the military, we’re in this together. We know that you may feel affected by this too and so we can help you get the right care and support.
To find out more about how Op COURAGE can help, visit www.nhs.uk/opcourage.
Contacting our office
If you want to get in touch with us at Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, our Op COURAGE team is based in Leeds. Please note this office contact is for colleagues, partners and stakeholders. If you are a veteran, reservist or looking to access the Op COURAGE service, please use the contact details above. We cannot accept ‘walk ins’ at this site.
We are based at:
Gate Way Drive
Tel: 0113 85 57777
Team email address: OpCourageWSY.firstname.lastname@example.org