Low Secure Forensic Service – Leeds
The Leeds Low Secure Forensic Service provides inpatient, outpatient and community outreach support to the local Leeds population. The low secure forensic service works with services users accessing the pathway from medium secure care, transfer from prison and pathways from adult mental health services.
The service has 37 beds, 26 for men and 11 for women. The forensic service addresses the needs of those under Part III of the Mental Health Act (service users concerned in criminal proceedings or under sentence). The 37 beds are split into three inpatient areas and comprise the following distinct clinical care areas:
- Ward 2 female: 11 bed women’s mental health service
- Ward 2 assessment and treatment: 12 bed male assessment and short term treatment unit
- Ward 3: 14 bed treatment and recovery unit.
Each ward has access to on-ward therapy and social space and access to It and educational services within the unit.
Our Leeds Low Secure Forensic Service is provided to males and females aged 18 and over and is subject to one or more of the clinical areas described below:
- people with mental health needs, who are detained under the terms and conditions of the Mental Health Act
- service users may have an enduring or severe mental illness and will benefit from assessment and or treatment in a secure setting
- people who have a; forensic history or present with violent or aggressive behaviour, present with a higher level of risk to others, or would benefit to step down from higher levels of security
- people with mild learning disabilities, including people with learning disabilities as part of an autism spectrum disorder
- people who have secondary diagnosis of drugs and alcohol misuse.
Get in touch
Our Leeds Low Secure Forensic Service is based on Wards 2 and 3 at the Newsam Centre and can be contacted as follows:
- Assessment and Treatment Service, Ward 2, tel: 0113 85 56381
- Women’s Service, Ward 2, tel: 0113 85 56376
- Treatment and Recovery Service, tel: 0113 85 56375.