Eating Disorders Carer Support Group
Start Date: May 6, 2020 7:00 pm
End Date: May 6, 2020 8:30 pm
Venue: The Newsam Centre
A carers' support group that aims to support people who care for anyone over 18 who is living with an eating disorder
Through sharing our knowledge and experiences, and offering empathy and understanding, we hope to help other carers support their loved one through recovery. We provide monthly support meetings for carers where people can meet up and share experiences and provide mutual support.
The group is supported by Northpoint Wellbeing, a local charity, and the YCED, part of Leeds Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust.
During each meeting, a group facilitator is there to:
- Welcome attendees
- Help attendees to feel relaxed
- Help the conversation to flow
- Ensure that the conversation remains safe
- Ensure that every attendee feels that they have been heard but also feels comfortable with the discussion.
- Advise or tell you what to do
- Provide therapy – If you are concerned about a loved one’s immediate health you should consider contacting your GP or Accident & Emergency department.
Information about eating disorders can be found at www.b-eat.co.uk