Experience based investigation and Co-design of approaches to Prevent and reduce Mental Health Act Use
What is this study about?
The Mental Health Act allows professionals to admit people to hospital against their will. The research will ask people about their experiences of compulsory admission to hospital. People from black and ethnic minority communities more often experience this. We want to find ways of reducing care like this.
Who can take part?
We would like to hear from you if:
- You have been detained under the Mental Health Act in the last 12 months
- You are from a black or minority ethnic community
- You are over the age of 18
What is involved?
- Taking photographs to represent your experience of compulsory admission
- Then, with support, give the photos titles or words to describe your perspective
- Three workshops (one half day and two drop in sessions)
- Cameras are provided
- Refreshments are provided
- Travel expenses will be paid (we can organise taxis)
- Participants receive £15 Amazon voucher for each workshop attended