The service based at Ward 5 at The Newsam Centre is an 18 bedded locked rehabilitation ward.
Referrals/admissions are received from a number of sources such as low secure, acute services and open rehabilitation units. Our aim is to work therapeutically with service users to reduce their risks to themselves or others whilst increasing their levels of engagement and independence.
We have a comprehensive set of assessment measures which are completed when service users are transferred onto the ward. These include staff rated and service user-rated measures.
We monitor service users monthly using staff completed:
- Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale
- Global Assessment of Functioning
- Recovery Star
- Monthly progress through the Ward 5 care pathway.
We have the skill mix to ensure that psychological interventions are in accordance with NICE guidelines but we do have a full time psychologist based on the ward.
As part of the service we have established:
- A daily community meeting held at 9:30am, including weekends
- A group programme offering at least two groups a day (including weekends)
- Planned therapeutic leave individually planned at weekly Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meeting facilitated within the framework of open dialogue
- Service users have access to 1:1 sessions from their primary care team.
Get in touch
Our Leeds Locked Rehabilitation Service is based on Ward 5 at The Newsam Centre and can be contacted on 0113 85 56720.