Visiting now available at inpatient sites by appointment only
Due to changes in advice from the government, some visiting is now allowed.
Thanks to everyone’s patience, understanding and efforts in preventing the spread of Covid-19 the Trust can now allow visiting to inpatient wards. However, Covid-19 has not gone away and infection control advice must still be followed for the safety of everyone.
Visitors must contact the ward first to discuss visiting arrangements and only one visitor per service user is allowed at any time. For visiting to take place safely we are asking that all visitors follow these guidelines:
- Staff will advise you of the designated area for your visit to take place.
- Staff will provide you with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and you will be expected to comply with these arrangements. Staff will show you the right way to put this on and take it off and where to do this. You cannot use your own mask, apron or gloves.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds on entering and exiting the visiting area.
- Always keep 2 metres away from others, including your friend or relative.
- If for any reason you have not worn the personal protective equipment (PPE) provided to you throughout your visit, please inform staff.
- If you bring any small items or gifts onto the ward, please hand them directly to staff so they can manage the item to prevent the spread of infection.
For further information please go to the visiting guidelines page.