Summer 2019 governor elections
Find out how to become a governor at the Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
On Tuesday 7 May 2019, our summer 2019 governor elections began. Click here to read the Notice of Election. There are 16 governor seats available, read our Election Special to find out more details on eligibility to become a governor, in which constituencies the seats are available and how you can become a governor.
Want to put yourself forward for election? Here’s how:
Public, service user and carer members will receive a Notice of the Election in the post around 7 May 2019, inviting them to request and complete a nomination form if they want to stand for election. Staff will be advised of the election electronically.
The elections will be run on our behalf by an election company, the Electoral Reform Services.
- If you want to put yourself forward for election you will need to request a nomination form from the election company, fill it in and then return it to them by 5 June 2019.
- You will need to provide a 250 word statement on your background and why you want to become a governor, including a recent photograph. This is all explained on the form.
- If there are fewer candidates than vacant seats in a constituency they will automatically become a governor and so there will be no need for a vote in that constituency.
- If there are more candidates than seats in a constituency, every member of that constituency will be sent a voting form so they can vote for which candidate they want to represent them on the Council of Governors.
- Even if you don’t stand for election yourself, you can still have your say and vote for a candidate. Voting forms will be sent to members on 27 June 2019 and members have until 22 July 2019 to return their vote.
- Once voting has ended we will contact all the successful and unsuccessful candidates on 23 July 2019. The successful candidates will then be invited to an induction event to help prepare for the role. The induction event will be on the 6 August 2019.
You can request a nomination form via:
Telephone: 020 8889 9203
Post: Electoral Reform Services Limited, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London. N8 0NW
For further information about the role of a governor or details of our upcoming elections please contact: email@example.com or 0113 85 55900