- Advice and support
- Going smokefree
- Letters to Loved Ones
- Covid information public
- Individual therapies
- Group therapies
- Family therapy
- Covid Information Staff
- Working safely on site and at home – FAQs
- Appraisals, career and wellbeing conversations – a new approach for difficult times
- Support for your mental and emotional health
- Clinical guidance
- Recording absence on eRoster
- Resources and other information
- Urgent Help
- Family, friends and carers
- Leeds Recovery College
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
- Complaints, comments, compliments or concerns
- Cancelling an appointment
- Chaplaincy, spiritual and pastoral care
- Medicines management
- Writing an advance statement
- Intensive Interaction
- How we use information about you
- easy on the i
- Accessible Information Standard
Infection control and PPE
Last updated 25 November 2020.
Please remember to follow the new national restrictions which are due to continue until Wednesday 2 December.
It remains absolutely vital that you wear the correct PPE to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
When you are working at our sites, whether in a clinical or non-clinical area, please regularly think about whether you and your colleagues are wearing the correct PPE. Every moment counts, every encounter matters.
As a reminder, you should wear full PPE (gloves, mask, apron, safety glasses) in clinical areas at all times.
In non-clinical areas you should follow these seven steps:
- Maintain 2 meter spacing
- Wear masks at all times
- You can pass within 1 meter of a person when wearing a mask without needing to wear eye protection (this must not exceed 1 minute)
- If someone stops to talk with you, immediately ask them to step back 2 meters
- If you are within 2 meters of someone for more than 1 minute then both mask and eye protection are required
- You do not need to wear a mask if in a room by yourself, but you must have a mask on if sharing the room. Be ready to put a mask on if someone enters
- Eating and drinking in a designated area – you must maintain 2 meter spacing between yourself and others
If you are unsure of our PPE guidance or have any questions please speak to your line manager as a matter of urgency.
Handy PPE reminder cards
These PPE reminder cards have been produced as handy pocket-sized guides to help you ensure that you are wearing the correct PPE in clinical and non-clinical settings.
Other useful Infection Control documents
- Coronavirus, isolation and what do I do. Frequently asked questions from our Infection Control Team (Nov 2020)
- Guidance for wearing face coverings on Trust premises
- Guidance for wearing a mask in the workplace
- Download the Practical guidance to wearing a mask fact sheet for more details.
- Find out where PPE stations are located at Trust sites.
- Standard operating procedures for PPE can be found in the Clinical Guidance section. It’s important to remember to apply basic infection prevention control protocols that you all know and do as part of your everyday clinical roles, alongside the guidance which is there to support you.
For any queries about infection control and PPE please contact the Trust’s Infection Control Team on 0113 85 55957 or you can email email@example.com. There is an answer machine in operation which will direct you to the colleague on call.
- Frequently asked questions from our Infection Control Team - November 2020
- Guidance on the use of PPE
- Fit checking
- Ordering PPE and scrubs
- Car sharing - infection control guidance
- Working across sites and split shifts
- Public Health England advice and hand hygiene
- Policy on uniforms
- Waste management and the disposal of PPE